50 + Best Thomas Edison Quotes / Thomas Edison famous quotesHello guys welcome to our new blog post about Best Thomas Edison Quotes if you are searching for a Edison Quotes on internet you are at right place in this blog post we have coverd best collection of Thomas Edison Quotes this quotes will inspire you in a big time. you can share these Thomas Edison sayings on any social media platforms with your friends hope you will like this post.
|thomas edison quotes|
1. Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration.
Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his
or her homework.
2. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks
3. The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your
mental and physical energies to the problem at hand - without growing weary.
Because such thinking is often difficult, there seems to be no limit to which some
people will go to avoid the effort and labor that is associated with it....
4. I never did anything worth doing entirely by accident.... Almost none of my
inventions came about totally by accident. They were achieved by having trained
myself to endure and tolerate hard work.
5. Personally, I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take
each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night.
6. My main purpose in life is to make money so I can afford to go on creating more
7. My principal business is giving commercial value to the brilliant - but misdirected
- ideas of others....
8. I am quite correctly described as 'more of a sponge than an inventor....'
9. Because I readily absorb ideas from every source - frequently starting where the
last person left off - I never pick up an item without thinking of how I might
10. I am not overly impressed by the great names and reputations of those who might
be trying to beat me to an invention.... Its their 'ideas' that appeal to me.
11. Because ideas have to be original only with regard to their adaptation to the
problem at hand, I am always extremely interested in how others have used used
|thomas alva edison quotes|
12. A good idea is never lost. Even though its originator or possessor may die, it will
someday be reborn in the mind of another....
|thomas edison famous quotes|
13. I never perfected an invention that I did not think about in terms of the service it
might give others... I find out what the world needs, then I proceed to invent....
14. The dove is my emblem.... I want to save and advance human life, not destroy
it.... I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill....
15. Most of the exercise I get is from standing and walking around laboratory tables
all day. I derive more benefit and entertainment from this than some of my friends
and competitors get from playing games like golf.
16. If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound
17. Our schools and are not teaching students to think. It is astonishing how many
young people have difficulty in putting their brains definitely and systematically
18. The three things that are most essential to achievement are common sense, hard
work and stick-to-it-iv-ness.....
19. I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for
the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing....
20. Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close
they were to success when they gave up.
21. Pretty much everything will come to him who hustles while he waits. I believe
that restlessness is discontent, and discontent is merely the first necessity of
progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
|thomas edison sayings|
22. Unfortunately, there seems to be far more opportunity out there than ability....
We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets
|thomas edison opportunity quote|
23. Sometimes, all you need to invent something is a good imagination and a pile of
24. Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do in the first place
doesn't mean it's useless....
25. Results? Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! If I find 10,000 ways something
won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt
discarded is often a step forward....
26. Surprises and reverses can serve as an incentive for great accomplishment. There
are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something.
27. As a cure for worrying, work is far better than whiskey. I always found that, if I
began to worry, the best thing I could do was focus upon doing something useful
and then work very hard at it. Soon, I would forget what was troubling me.
28. Barring serious accidents, if you are not preoccupied with worry and you work
hard, you can look forward to a reasonably lengthy existence.... Its not the hard
work that kills, its the worrying that kills.
29. The only time I really become discouraged is when I think of all the things I
would like to do and the little time I have in which to do them.
30. The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast.
31. Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can
least afford to waste or lose...
32. From his neck down a man is worth a couple of dollars a day, from his neck up he
is worth anything that his brain can produce.
33. The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the
care of the human body, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
34. Whatever the mind of man creates, should be controlled by man's character.
35. Even though I am nearly deaf, I seem to be gifted with a kind of inner hearing
which enables me to detect sounds and noises which the ordinary person does not
36. I love great music and art, but I think 'cubist' songs and paintings are hideous.
37. Someday, man will harness the rise and fall of the tides, imprison the power of the
sun, and release atomic power.
38. I am both pleased but astonished by the fact that mankind has not yet begun to use
all the means and devices that are available for destruction. I hope that such
weapons are never manufactured in quantity.
39. The United States, and other advanced nations, will someday be able to produce
instruments of death so terrible the world will be in abject terror of itself and its
ability to end civilization.... Such war-making weapons should be developed - but
only for purposes of discovery and experimentation
40. The dove is my emblem.... I want to save and advance human life, not destroy
it.... I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill...
41. To me, the idea and expectation that the day is slowly and surely coming when we
will be able to honestly say we are our brother's keeper and not his oppressor is
very beautiful .
42. Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific
43. Its obvious that we don't know one millionth of one percent about anything.
44. I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an
45. We have merely scratched the surface of the store of knowledge which will come
to us. I believe that we are now, a-tremble on the verge of vast discoveries -
discoveries so wondrously important they will upset the present trend of human
thought and start it along completely new lines .
46. Be courageous! Whatever setbacks America has encountered, it has always
emerged as a stronger and more prosperous nation.... Be brave as your fathers
before you. Have faith and go forward!
47. If parents pass enthusiasm along to their children, they will leave them an estate
of incalculable value....
48. The memory of my mother will always be a blessing to me....
49. Life's most soothing things are a child's goodnight and sweet music....
50. Great music and art are earthly wonders, but I think 'cubist' songs and paintings
51. Even though I am nearly deaf, I seem to be gifted with a kind of inner hearing
which enables me to detect sounds and noises which the ordinary listener does not
Tags .. Thomas Edison quotes success
Thomas Edison top 10 quotes
Thomas Alva Edison quotes in Hindi
Thomas Alva Edison quotes in Tamil
Thomas Edison genius quote
Edison famous quotes
Thomas Edison quotes in Hindi
Thomas Edison 10000 ways
Thomas Edison I have not failed
Thomas Edison motivation